Youtube is the world’s second largest search engine after Google. So it is very important to get a high ranking on Youtube. Given billions of views per month on youtube, you get a good chance to get huge traffic from Youtube. However, there are basic points you need to keep in mind while creating, uploading and managing your video.
Here is how you can do it:
1. Longer videos win. Youtube considers total video view times as the most important factor while ranking it’s search results. So longer your video is compared with others, chances are your video will rank better.
2. Always add caption on your video, this will allow Google to figure out content of your video
3. Always use keywords in the title and description of your video
4. Also if your video has voice over, must use keywords you are targeting in those voiceovers to increase your ranking.
5. HD Quality wins – you can use your phone, but a nice HD video camera makes a big difference. If you’re recording your computer make sure you check the settings for optimal video + audio.
6. SAY Your Keyword – verbally saying your keyword a few times is like keyword density for videos. Say it naturally, don’t just say it to say it. Including partial matches is also good.
7. Get To The Point – edit out ALL unnecessary pauses (I use Screencast-O-Matic) and be concise. I am super picky about this and noticed a huge difference in my video’s engagement.
8. Cards – cards are the little I (information) button. These can link to related videos, an associated website, polls, donations, or another YouTube channel. They are mobile-friendly (unlike Youtube’s outdated annotations) and you can add them in YouTube’s video manager.
9.Upload The Video With Your Keyword As The File Name
10. Write a Long Description With Keywords, Timestamps, Links :
Long descriptions are great for Youtube video SEO and give you a place to add timestamps, useful links, and an overall summary. The text is super important for ranking any type of content.