Are you already a Facebook Ads user? Or you are going to use it for your business soon? In both cases, you need to use Facebook Pixel. Pixel will definitely help you to optimize your Facebook advertisement budget. In this article, we are going to describe everything you need to know about Pixel. It will be very straightforward. Without wasting time, let’s get started!
What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool used to measure how effective your Facebook advertisement is. It is basically a bunch of code that you need to copy and paste on your website’s header. The Pixel is going to track a lot of things including clicks, sales, and much more.
Why should you use Pixel?
Pixel lays within the code of your website and collects a lot of data that will help you to track your business’s conversions, optimizing your next ad, building a super-sharp targeted audience, and to do remarketing. Basically, if you use Pixel, it will help you to get a more targeted audience that will increase your conversion rate and ROI both.
How to Install Facebook Pixel on your Website?
Now you know what’s Facebook Pixel and what are the benefits of using it on your website. Therefore, we need to create a Pixel and put it on your website now. Let’s do it!
- First, you need to go to the Facebook Events Manager and click on the (≡) icon on the top left corner. Then choose Pixels.
- An intro will appear with a green “Create a Pixel” button. Click on the button.
- Give your Pixel a name and enter your website’s URL. You can put your business’s name on the “Pixel Name” section. Once done, click on the “Create” button.
- Now your Pixel is ready. You are just a few steps away from installing it on your website.
- Once “Set up your Pixel” window appears, click on the “Manually install the code yourself”.
- You will see a bunch of code. Copy all the code and paste it to your website’s <head> and </head> tag.
- Turn on or off Automatic Advanced Matching. You can turn it on because it lets you track your conversions super accurately.
- Everything is set-up perfectly. However, you need to know if the Pixel is installed properly.
- That’s why Facebook provides a Send Test Traffic option. Enter your website’s URL and click on Send Test Traffic.
- Once Pixel starts tracking your activity click on Continue.
You have already checked if Facebook has started tracking. However, you don’t yet know if it is tracking properly. For that, you need to install the Facebook Pixel Helper plugin on your Chrome browser. Once installed the plugin, go to your website on your Chrome browser and the plugin will notify you if the Pixel is installed properly or not. If not, it will provide you the error information.
How Facebook Pixel is Going to Help You?
There are a lot of ways Facebook Pixel is going to help you.
- Pixel can track all the conversions along with how users are interacting with your site. This can help you to optimize your Facebook Ads in a very effective way.
- Remarketing becomes easy with Facebook Pixel. It helps you to show your ads only to those people who have already visited your site previously.
- If you have your audience’s data such as interests, favorites, demographics, gender, age and you want to show your ad to Facebook matching your audience data, you can do it with Pixel. The technical term is called “Facebook Lookalike Audience”. It will increase your reach and customer base.
- Pixel also helps you to track conversions from Facebook Ads. With that data, you can optimize your next campaign with an increased conversion rate.
- There is a lot of data that Facebook collects with Pixel that will help you to maximize your conversions.
There are a lot of things you can do with Facebook Pixel. Optimizing ads, increase conversions, increase sales, and much more. Want to become a master? Book a demo class now.