What is Landing page?
A landing page means a destinations page, a page you are sent to when you click on a link. It is the page where any website visitor would land when they click on any link. However, a landing page is a very important concept for inbound marketing and lead generation. With the use of landing page you can convert the visitors of your websites into leads by providing you with the means to get their emails.
Importance of landing pages for your website:
A landing page is incredibly important for your website. You’d need distinct, separate pages for your web visitors to be redirected to when they are clicking on any link related to your website. Landing pages are imperative part of inbound marketing strategy and by using them you can generate numerous leads for your business.
Here are a few reasons why a landing page is indispensable for your website:
- Importance in generating leads: the main purpose of landing pages is to generate leads. The main reason for you to have a website for your business is to get traffic and then convert them to leads who would later become customers. According to the studies, you’d capture more leads by providing the visitors with a landing page rather than just sending them to your homepage. It is an effective and simple way of generating more leads for you.
- The collection of information regarding prospect demographic: most of the time a landing page has the visitor fill up a form with some information such as their email id and age, name and perhaps occupations. This helps you to generate leads, but this information also give you important demographic data that helps you to understand your target audience, their needs and improve sales.
- Tracking the data: you can easily track the landing page data to see if the visitors are signing up for specific offers, or services, or downloading PDFs provided by your website. This helps you to understand of the offers and services your website is offering is doing well with the visitors and if they are helping to turn those visitors into leads. Tracking the landing page data help you to understand if your marketing strategies are effective or not and optimize them according to need.
- Helping the visitors by removing distractions: sending your visitors straight to the home page m from converting. When they are directed to the homepage, they might get overwhelmed with the number of ways they can engage with your website, and even though this engagement is good for your website, you still want them to convert to prospect leads, and for that, you need to remove all the distraction, hence the need of a landing page which is clean cut and to the point without any distractions.
- Clearing up the purpose of the page: landing pages are short and precise when it comes to stating their purpose to the visitor. The contents of the page make it clear to them what kind of action they need to take in order to contact you, sign up for a service or download a specific thing from your website.
- Make sure the visitor actually makes a decision: a good landing page makes it easy for the visitors of your page to make decision. By removing all the distractions, giving them a call to action and having a clear message, you’ll make sure that they don’t hesitate and take action quickly without feeling indecisive.
- Optimize and experiment with your landing page to better understand your leads: by optimizing and experimenting with your landing page such as adding images, changing colors, form fields etc, you can see what is engaging more audience and what is stopping them from converting. It gives you a better understanding of your prospect customers.
Tricks to Make Sure you’re Landing Page is Effective:
Now that we know how important landing page is for your website, it is time to find out how to make sure that your landing pages are effective and generate leads. By following some simple tips and tricks you can make sure that your landing page generates a satisfying amount of leads who would later turn into prospective customers.
1. Less links, more action: studies show that landing pages with only one call to action button has a higher rate of generating leads than pages that have more than one link. The meaning behind this is very easy to understand. The visitors would find it easier to decide whether they want to engage or not. The point is to remove the distraction of multiple engaging links and give them only one link with which they can engage with you.
2. Mobile friendly pages are more effective: many people these days use their mobiles to browse the internet rather than desktop of laptops. So it is very obvious if your landing pages are not mobile responsive or mobile friendly, there will be a lot of people who’d not be able to engage with your website and leave to find some similar website who may have a mobile friendly landing page. So optimize your landing page to be mobile friendly.
3. The loading time and the wait: we all love a web page that loads quickly. And it happens to be the case that when landing pages take a long time to load, visitors lose interest and leave without waiting for the page to load. This is more often than not attributed to the use of uncompressed images. Make sure that the loading time for your landing page is not at all long and the images you are using are compressed to make it speed up.
4. Social media proofs: a landing page that has various social media proofs and customer testimonials and images provide you with greater chances of converting your visitors into leads. Getting proper proof about the quality of your business and services make people trust your website more and makes them more prone to engage with you.
5. Keep the word count in mind: make sure that the word count of your landing pages stayed to a minimum while being clear about the purpose of the page. Make it too wordy and you might lose a prospect lead.
6. Use Shorter Forms: when it comes to looking for any kind of services online, people want things to be nice and easy, after all, the main reason they are looking for services online is because it is easier; which is why, rather than having a long list of things in your forms that they need to fill in, make your forms shorter, with only a few important crucial information you need to generate the leads. Don’t ask them to give you don’t need. Make the forms shorter to make it easier for your visitors.
In case you are running a website, or are in anyway attached to the digital marketing industry, you’ll know the importance of a good landing page is very crucial to your work. So make sure to follow the above tips to create a perfect landing page that’ll being more leads and customers to your business.
However, there is no fixed set of rules for creating a 100% effective landing page. Different things work for different business; what is effective in case of a car dealership business, may not be effective for a medical website. There are a few basic basics, proven tactics that have been used by marketers for years that you can follow to make sure that your landing page generates more conversions. As a bottom line we can say that a landing page needs to be nice and easy on the eyes, short and sweet in clearing up its purpose to the visitor and give them an offer they can not refuse. The landing page for your website is just as important as the homepage, if not more. so make sure that your landing page is absolutely perfect.